- Get to grips with the biggest strategic issue for marketers in the future, to avoid impeding your career.
- Start working with internal and external sustainability/CSR practitioners to understand the subject and begin to demonstrate the key role that marketing needs to play.
- Begin to acquire the skill set needed to play a key role in the organization’s development of a sustainability strategy.
- Understand your supply chain – and the opportunities and threats that it represents.
- Work with your colleagues to ensure that your organization is not one of those being left behind.
- Be part of the strategic process that places sustainability at the heart of the organization, rather than in tactical, peripheral activity.
- Use the classic marketing tools to help develop a viable long-term sustainability strategy.
- Learn how to integrate sustainability into the brand’s positioning and propositions appropriately.
(Image credit: donskarpo / 123RF Stock Photo)